INSURANCE POLICY WORDING DOCUMENT -
CLICK HERE NOT INCLUDING COVID COVER
FULL 2024 INSURANCE POLICY DOCUMENT - CLICK HERE - INCLUDING COVID COVER
2024 Insurance Product Information (What is covered /not covered)
Edwards Coaches Ltd is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts as an intermediary
This travel insurance policy is arranged by Towergate Travel.
Travel insurance policies issued before the 1st August 2023 are underwritten by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI) on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE). Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authoritys website.
Travel insurance policies issued from the 1st August 2023 are underwritten by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting: https://register.fca.org.uk
ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI) is registered in England and Wales, company number 11091555. Authorised and regulated by the FCA, register number 805870 and registered office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN.
This travel insurance is suitable for those who wish to insure themselves when travelling against the specified final loss of unforeseen circumstances and events relating to your trip. A list of the covers and corresponding levels, as well as the main policy exclusions, can be found below. Further details are contained in the Policy Booklet, Table of Benefits and Insurance Product Information Document (IPID), copies of which are available upon request. Should you require any further information please contact Edwards Coach Holidays.
Should you wish to take out this holiday insurance policy please include the appropriate premium when booking your holiday. For full details on the costs of the insurance policies available please speak to one of our Travel Advisors.
TRAVEL INSURANCE INDEMNITY If you have declined to take out insurance cover offered by Edwards Coach Holidays you are agreeing to undertake on behalf of yourself and all members of your party: To arrange holiday insurance which provides comparable cover to that offered by Edward Coach Holidays. Not to hold Edwards Coach Holidays or the travel agent, responsible for any costs incurred by your party due to your failure to take out adequate insurance. To indemnify Edwards Coach Holidays and the travel agent for any costs incurred by them due to your failure to take out adequate insurance cover. Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude your statutory rights. Please contact Edwards Coach Holidays for travel insurance prices.
Premiums below are per person and will include 20% Insurance Premium Tax.
Full details of how to make a claim and how to appeal should your claim not be successful can be found in the Policy Booklet, a copy of which is available upon request.
The cover under this policy is only available to United Kingdom residents being defined as: Any person who has an address in the United Kingdom, has lived in the United Kingdom for at least 6 of the last 12 months, and is registered with a General Practitioner in the United Kingdom.
This policy may not provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions, so it is important that you review and respond to the questions below in order to have the full protection of your policy. If you do not take the appropriate action, or if you withhold information which we should reasonably be made aware of when considering the provision of cover, then your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
If you are travelling within the United Kingdom you are not required to declare your medical conditions. However to be covered for any medical conditions you have or have had, you must be able to answer NO to questions 1. to 4. and YES to questions 5. and 6. a) and b) below:
1. Are you aware of any reason why the trip could be cancelled or cut short (such as the health of a close relative)
2. Are you travelling:
a) against the advice of a medical practitioner
or b) for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
3. Have you been given a terminal prognosis
4. Are you receiving or awaiting treatment for any bodily injury, illness or disease as a hospital day case or in-patient
5. If you are on prescribed medication, are your medical condition(s) stable and well controlled
6. If you suffer from stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental or nervous disorder, have you received written confirmation (at your cost) that you are fit enough to take this trip by either:
a) a registered mental health professional (if you are under the care of a Community Mental Health Team), or
b) a consultant specialising in the relevant field.
If you are travelling outside of the United Kingdom You must telephone MediScreen on 0344 892 1698 if anyone to be covered by this policy, or any person upon whose health the trip depends:
1. Has or has had a medical condition (excluding childhood and minor ailments not requiring treatment)
2. Is taking prescribed medication
3. Has or has had any medical condition still requiring periodic review
4. Is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or the results of these.
MediScreens office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
Important note: this applies to all destinations, excluding trips solely within the United Kingdom. You must also notify MediScreen immediately on 0344 892 1698 if there is any change in your medical circumstances between the date you first purchased your insurance policy and the date your holiday is due to begin. If you do not take the appropriate action, or if you withhold information which we should reasonably be made aware of when considering the provision of cover, then your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid. If we can extend cover, we may charge an additional premium for doing so.
If your trip is solely within the United Kingdom, then you must obtain confirmation from your medical practitioner that you are fit enough to take the trip and this must be noted on your medical records so that in the event of a claim you are able to provide this evidence if required by us. Failure to do so may invalidate your policy.
1. The cover under this policy is only available to United Kingdom residents for travel within the Geographical limits contained in this policy and which begins and ends in the United Kingdom. Repatriation will be to the United Kingdom only.
2. Cover is only available for the whole duration of a booked trip to a maximum 70 consecutive days, and cover cannot be purchased once a trip has already begun.
3. The excess amount deductible from a claim applies to each and every claim, per incident claimed for, under certain sections by each insured person.
4. If your money, valuables, any items of baggage, your passport or visa are lost or stolen, you must notify the local Police within 24 hours of discovery or as soon as possible thereafter. Please make sure you get a copy of the Police report. Failure to comply may result in your claim being rejected or the amount of any relevant claim reduced.
5. You are not covered for valuables, your passport or visa if left unattended at any time (including in a vehicle, in checked in luggage or while in the custody of a carrier, tour operator or public transport operator) unless deposited in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or left in your locked accommodation.
6. Stolen property: You are not covered for baggage stolen from: a. an unattended coach / bus unless it was locked in the luggage compartment of the coach / bus and evidence of force or violent entry to the vehicle is available, or b. the passenger compartment of any unattended vehicle.
7. You must ensure that you have had any recommended inoculations, vaccines (including COVID-19 where is has been offered to you) or medications relating to your destination prior to your trip.
8. Claims arising from any epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation (WHO)
9. Claims arising from or related to any coronavirus including but not limited to COVID-19, or any related/mutated form of the virus. This exclusion does not apply to COVID-19 claims under the Emergency Medical & Repatriation Expenses cover section.
Not the Right level of over to meet your Travel Insurance Needs?
If we cant offer you the cover you want, or your premium is higher than you wanted because you have medical conditions you may be able to get help by accessing the MoneyHelper travel directory at: www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/everyday-money/insurance/travel-insurance-directory or by calling 0800 138 7777 (Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm).
Please tell us immediately if your policy does not meet your requirements. If you cancel within 14-days of the receipt of your documentation and you have not started a trip or made or intend to make a claim, we will give you a full refund. Following this 14-days period, you continue to have the right to cancel your policy at any time by contacting us. If the notice of cancellation is received outside of the 14-days cooling-off period, no premium will be refunded.
Edwards Coaches Ltd is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts as an intermediary.
FULL 2023 INSURANCE POLICY WORDING DOCUMENT - CLICK HERE NOT INCLUDING COVID COVER
FULL 2024 INSURANCE POLICY DOCUMENT - CLICK HERE INCLUDING COVID COVER
2024 Insurance Product Information (What is covered /not covered)
PLEASE NOTE: The above information relates to Insurance Policies for 2023. We are not able to update this page with our 2024 Insurance Policy wordings until after Jan 1st 2024