Important information EDWARDS COACHES LIMITED T/A EDWARDS COACH HOLIDAYS
is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts. Edwards Coach Holidays only offer Connected Travel Insurance from single insurers. Details of insurers may be provided on request. We only offer travel insurance from a single insurer Travel Insurance Facilities Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG.International. This travel insurance is suitable for those who wish to insure themselves when travelling against the specified financial loss of unforeseen circumstances and events relating to your trip. A list of the covers and corresponding levels, as well as the main policy exclusions, can be found below. Further details will be in your policy document, a copy of which is available on request. Should you require any further information, please contact Edwards Coach Holidays.
TRAVEL INSURANCE INDEMNITY If you have declined to take out insurance cover offered by Edwards Coach Holidays you are agreeing to undertake on behalf of yourself and all members of your party: To arrange holiday insurance which provides comparable cover to that offered by Edward Coach Holidays. Not to hold Edwards Coach Holidays or the travel agent, responsible for any costs incurred by your party due to your failure to take out adequate insurance. To indemnify Edwards Coach Holidays and the travel agent for any costs incurred by them due to your failure to take out adequate insurance cover. Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude your statutory rights. Please contact Edwards Coach Holidays for travel insurance prices.
CLAIMS Full details of how to make a claim and how to appeal should your claim not be successful can be found in the policy document. In return for having accepted your premium Travel Insurance Facilities, Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG.International will in the event of bodily injury, death, illness, disease, loss, theft, damage, destruction, legal liability or other specified events happening within the period of insurance, provide insurance in accordance with the operative sections of your policy. The travel company booking confirmation and any endorsement are all part of the policy. Your policy is evidence of the contract of insurance.
COVER AND COST
The premiums below are per person and are inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax.
You must be able to comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of your policy. If you do not comply the Insurer may refuse to deal with any relevant claim or reduce the amount of any relevant claim payment. You must be able to comply with the following:
Applying to travel to all destinations:
It is condition that at the time of taking out this policy and between that time and your departure you must comply with each of the following:
1. You are not travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner;
2. You are not travelling for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment;
3. You have not been given a terminal prognosis;
4. You are not receiving or awaiting treatment for an illness or injury as a hospital day case or inpatient (only at the time of taking out the policy);
5. You are not aware of any reason why the trip should be cancelled or cut short (only at the time of taking out the policy).
In addition if you are travelling outside the United Kingdom and answer yes to any of the following questions, you must declare these medical conditions to Travel Insurance Facilities, Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG. International
1. Have you or anyone insured under this policy ever been diagnosed or received treatment for:
a. any heart or circulatory condition;
b. a stroke or high blood pressure;
c. a breathing condition (including asthma);
d. any type of cancer;
e. any type of diabetes;
f. has your doctor altered your regular prescribed medication in the last 3 months?
2. In the last 2 years, have you or anyone insured under this policy, been treated for any serious or reoccurring medical condition, asked to take regular prescribed medication or referred to a specialist or consultant at a hospital for tests, diagnosis or treatment?
3. Are you or anyone insured under this policy waiting for any tests, treatment or a non-routine hospital appointment?
If you have answered yes to the questions above you must tell us, in order to obtain cover for your medical condition(s), although an increased premium or excess may be required to do so. To enable us to consider your medical condition please contact Travel Administration Facilities on: 0203 824 0538 8am-8pm Monday- Friday 9am5pm Saturday. Should we require any additional premium, and you accept our offer, this should be paid to Travel Administration Facilities, and sent within 14 days of our offer. Should you decide not to pay the additional premium, the existing medical conditions will not be covered. Full confirmation of our terms and conditions will be sent out to your address after your call. Any additional medical conditions not declared to us will not be covered.
SIGNIFICANT OR UNUSUAL LIMITATIONS OR WHAT IS NOT COVERED
1. The cover under this policy is only available to United Kingdom residents for travel to and from the United Kingdom and repatriation will be to the United Kingdom only.
2. Cover is only available for the whole duration of a booked trip to a maximum 70 consecutive days (31 days for worldwide trips), and cover cannot be purchased once a trip has already begun.
3. The excess amount deductible from a claim applies to each and every claim, per incident claimed for, under certain sections by each insured person.
4. If your money, valuables, any items of baggage, your passport or visa are lost or stolen, you must notify the local Police within 24 hours of discovery or as soon as possible thereafter. Please make sure you get a copy of the Police report. Failure to comply may result in your claim being rejected or the amount of any relevant claim reduced.
5. You are not covered for valuables, your passport or visa if left unattended at any time (including in a vehicle, in checked in luggage or while in the custody of a carrier, tour operator or public transport operator) unless deposited in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or left in your locked accommodation.
6. Stolen property: You are not covered for baggage stolen from:
a. an unattended coach/bus unless it was locked in the luggage compartment of the coach/bus and evidence of force or violent entry to the vehicle is available, or
b. the passenger compartment of any unattended vehicle.
STATUTORY CANCELLATION RIGHTS
You have a cooling off period where, should you decide that you find that the terms and conditions do not meet your requirements, and provided you have not travelled or claimed on the policy, you can advise Edwards Coach Holidays within 14 days of purchase for a full refund to be considered. Should you wish to cancel your policy outside of the 14 day cooling off period, and can confirm that there have been no claims on the policy and that you have not travelled, the following cancellation terms will be applied dependant on what type of policy you have purchased.
Single Trip policies - In the event you have not travelled and are not claiming on the policy, a refund of 50% of the policy premium will apply. If you have travelled or are intending to claim, or have made a claim (irrespective of whether your claim was successful or not) the Insurer will not consider refunding any proportion of your premium. The Insurer reserves the right to give 7 days notice of cancellation of this policy, without refund, by recorded delivery to you at your last known address in the event of the following circumstances; fraud, suspected fraud, misleading information or deliberate misrepresentation, or abusive behaviour to any of their staff or agents.